... in partnership with Lincoln City Sport & Education Trust, Lincoln City Supporters' Trust and volunteers from amongst our supporters.
Last year's losing play-off finalists Luton Town travel to The 12th Imp Sincil Bank Stadium on Saturday 6 October 2012 and with City looking to make it three wins out of three on home soil the Board is asking supporters to play their part as the team aims to complete that home hat-trick against the Hatters, who are expected to be backed by a bumper travelling contingent.
The Board accepts why gates have fallen in recent years as relegation and a disappointing start to our time in the Blue Square Bet Premier have coincided with a prolonged recession. What we are seeking to achieve for the Luton game is in an increase in home support through fans who have stopped attending games regularly in recent years coming together with those that still watch the Imps.
We want to demonstrate to the people of Lincolnshire and to the football world that the city and county do want and need a professional football club and that the supporter base is still there for the Club to draw on as we continue to turn around our fortunes. Please give the Club your support for this one game at least and encourage others to do the same. The Club really does need you at this difficult time.
The Board of Directors, CEO Steve Prescott, Club staff, Lincoln City Sport & Education Trust (LCFCSET) and our supporter volunteers are working extremely hard to increase awareness of the Luton Town game and to encourage increased support. Amongst a range of promotions and advertising are the following:
• Promotional posters are available for supporters to download HERE - please help us by putting these up in your local shops, pubs, chip shops and takeaways, petrol stations, village/town notice boards and sports clubs.
• A personal letter is being issued to the 300 Poacher's Club members which will include a complimentary ticket for the child to attend the Luton game with accompanying parents/guardians able to purchase their tickets for £8 from the Sincil Bank Ticket Office.
• This letter will also invites Poacher's Club members and a parent/guardian to watch a first team training session on the 3G pitch and to meet the players.
• LCFCSET are emailing the above information to all school administrators and parents on their database and are arranging player visits to selected primary schools to promote and sell Poacher's Club tickets for the game (£2 per child and £8 per parent/guardian)
• The Supporters' Trust is launching a ‘phone a friend’ initiative in which Trust members contact a friend or several friends to encourage them to come to the game.
• As members of the Lincoln Business Improvement Group we have been offered a banner across a city centre street the week before the game.
• 5,000 promotional flyers will be dropped in the Sincil Bank, Monks Road, High Street and Newark Road areas of the city and our volunteer supporters are arranging drops in Nettleham, North Hykeham, Welton, Skellingthorpe, Witham St. Hughs and Swinderby. If you can offer help in your village or town please contact David Kirkbright at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The match will be regularly promoted via our website and in the e-newsletter which is sent each week to 17,500 registered email addresses.
• It will also be promoted on our Twitter (@LincolnCity_FC
) and Facebook (/lincolncityfc
) pages. Please ‘retweet’ and ‘share’ these with your followers and friends.
• A ‘Your Club Needs You’ promotion will be on the Lincolnshire Echo’s “What’s On” page on Thursday 4 October
• Lincs FM big match adverts will run on Friday 5 October
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!